Monday, May 21, 2012

I'd like to buy a little land and start growing. Would it supplement my retirement?

I was thinking about how cool that would be to buy little land and start growing. Would it supplement my retirement? I have not checked on profitability of it yet. Sure would be a great way to live the rest of my life!

Farming is difficult. If I knew before I started what I know now, I wouldn't have started. But knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have done otherwise. I was only 30 years old then with nothing but zeal. Having something to fall back on (retirement savings/pension/etc.) is desirable. If you want to preserve your savings, don't farm. My mortgage is paid off, but if you buy land in this economy, you'll be underwater soon. Every aspiring farmer should learn to recite Will Rogers as well as the Apostles' Creed. Farming is very romantic from a distance.

Return to goGardenNow.com or BackyardFruitGuide.blogspot.com.

No comments: