Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Federal DOT regulators proposal to require farm tractor drivers to have commercial drivers licenses has been withdrawn

I posted a blog article on 12 August about Washington Regulators Stirring Up More Trouble For Farmers. I had learned about it that day by reading an online news article. I contacted my U.S. Senators and Congressman to protest. A staffer from Congressman Barrow's (GA) office called me yesterday to say that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, under the U.S. DOT, had withdrawn its proposal in the face of massive protests.

No thanks to me, for the proposal had been withdrawn on 10 August. Read the General Notice: Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment.

I thank the staffer from Mr. Barrow's office for taking the time to call, and the many who protested the absurd proposal since it was submitted for public comment. If you'd like to keep track of what your federal regulators are up to, visit Regulations.gov and stay informed. (Be warned, a little time spent reading government regulations may cause your eyes to roll back in your head and you to slide comatose under your desk.)

Return to goGardenNow.com.

No comments: